Social media connect you with millions of internet users around the world and if you want to be a popular person, social networking platforms can help you to gain quick popularity. In this article, you can see top 10 most popular social media platforms. Ranking of these social networks are based on Alexa rank, users activities, average page views and numbers of users. Here is a list of top 10 popular social networking platforms.
1. Facebook -Facebook is the largest social network in the world that has more than 1.79 billion monthly active users . Facebook was launched in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates. Facebook has gained quick popularity because it has some great features such as – affordable and powerful advertising system, business opportunities for website owners & app developers, social networking facilities such as video calling, connecting with new people, messaging , free email etc.
2. Twitter – Twitter is one of the most popular social networks of the world and it was launched in July 2006. Twitter is mainly known for its micro blogging features. Users can send messages up to 140 characters, follow people, promote their business etc. Great place to follow popular celebrities of the world. Twitter was created by Jack Dorsey.
5. Google Plus – Google plus is very similar to Facebook. Google Plus was launched in June 2011 by Google Inc. Google plus allows users to meet new people, chat with friends, play games, manage events , promote business using Google Plus Page feature. You can also pin your favourite photos online similar to Pinterest.
6. Linkedin – Linkedin is the largest social networking website for business , career and job purpose. Great social networking service to find job and business opportunities. Linkedin was launched in May 2003 by Reid Hoffman.
7. Pinterest – Pinterest is the largest online pin board and very popular photo sharing website in the world. Pinterest gained popularity very quick. It was created in March 2010 by Paul Sciarra, Evan Sharp, and Ben Silbermann.
8. Badoo – One of the largest social networks on the web, founded in 2006 by Andrey Andreev. Badoo is a dating based social networking website where people can meet with new friends. Users can register on Badoo with their Facebook account. Badoo has added this option to drive more users from the web. According to a report, Badoo has more than 150 million active users.
9. Myspace – Myspace was the most popular and most visited social networking website few years ago but in 2008 it was overtaken by Facebook, though Myspace is still running well and one of the most popular social networking websites. Myspace was launched in August 2003 and owned by Specific Media LLC.
10. Tagged – Tagged is one of the most popular social discovery websites. Tagged has over than 100 millions people. Users can browse and make friends , play games online , tag users, send gifts etc. Tagged was launched in October 2004.