1. Google – Google search engine is the most popular search engine on the web and it is the most used search engine on the web. Google was launched in September 1997. Google Search Engine was originally developed by Sergey Brin and Larry Page in 1997. According to a report, 85% internet users use Google search.
2. Bing – Bing is one of the most popular search engines on the web that is the second most used web search engine. Bing is owned by Microsoft. Bing was launched in June 2009 by combining three popular search engines which are Live Search, Windows Live Search, and MSN Search.
3. Yahoo Search – Yahoo search engine is one of the most popular search engine and considered as the main competitor of Google. Yahoo search was launched in March 1995. Fred Amoroso (Chairman), Marissa Mayer (CEO) are the key people of Yahoo.
4. Ask – Ask is one of the leading question answering based web search engines. Ask was launched in 1996 Garrett Gruener and David Warthe. Users can ask any kind of question on Ask community like Yahoo answers.
5. AOL Search – AOL search is one of the most used web search engines. AOL search engine is based on Google search and it uses Google Data. AOL Inc. was previously known as America Online. AOL search was launched in August 2006.
6. Mywebsearch – Mywebsearch is another popular search engine that is based on Google Search and uses Google data to show search result.
7. Altavista – Altavista is one of the popular search engines, owned by Yahoo. Altavista was once one of the most popular search engines but it was overtaken by Google. Now Altavista is owned by Yahoo Inc. Altavista was launched in 1995.
8. Dogpile – Dogpile is the most useful metasearch engine that show search result from popular search engines including Google , Yahoo, Bing, About etc. Dogpile was created in 1996 and now owned by InfoSpace Inc.
9. InfoSpace – InfoSpace has now become one of the popular search engines in the search engine industry. The owner of Dogpile web search. You can find some more features on InfoSpace for searching useful content. InfoSpace was launched in 1996.
10. Search – Search is one of the most useful meta search engines to find useful stuffs on the web. Search.com allows internet users to find useful web pages, people profiles, videos , audios , images , reference directories, downloadable files and games.