1. Facebook – Facebook is the largest social network on the web which has more than a billion active registered users. Facebook was started in 2004 and now it has become the most popular social network of the world.
2. Twitter – Established in July 2006 as a social network with micro blogging features where users can tweet, send direct messages, follow people and make followers.
3. Google Plus – Google launched their social networking platform in 2011 and now it has millions of active users. Google offers many useful services to users. Can be used as an alternative to Facebook.
4. Linkedin – One of the best places for professionals, students , marketers and companies. Linkedin is the most popular and largest professional networking website. The site was launched in 2003.
5. VK – The largest European social network which has more than 100 million active users. Launched in 2006 and now it comes in the list of top 25 alexa websites.
6. Pinterest – One of the best photo sharing social networks on the web where users pin their favorite images by submitting web urls or uploading images from hard drive. You can make friends, leave comments, bookmark your favorite webpages with images , follow people and make follower. The site was launched in 2010 as an online pin board with social networking features and now it is considered one of the largest social networks.
7. Badoo – Badoo is a popular social network that has millions of active users. Badoo was founded in 2006 and now it is ranked in the list of top 10 most popular social networking sites.
8. Myspace – Myspace was ranked the most popular social networking website few years ago but it was overtaken by Facebook in 2008. Myspace is still getting millions of page views per month. The site was founded in 2003.
9. Tagged – Founded in 2004 as social discovery site and now it has more than 100 million active users.
10. Orkut – Orkut is operated by Google. Orkut was one of the most popular social networks on the web like Myspace but it was also overtaken by Facebook few years ago, so Google decided to launch a new social networking platform like Facebook that is popularly known as Google Plus. Orkut was launched in 2004.