Here are 10 best text editors for Windows, you can download any of these text editing software for free on your PC. These text editing applications could be very useful for writing or editing codes, html document editing etc. If you’re not satisfied with Microsoft’s Notepad (which is comes with Windows OS), you can use any of them. These text editors can be used as Notepad alternatives.
1. Notepad++– One of the most popular text editors/source code editors that is available for free. If you’re looking for the best Notepad alternative, download Notepad++.
2. Caditor– Caditor is a open source tabbed text editing software that is written in .NET framework.
3. JEdit– JEdit is a free text editor that is especially designed for programmers. JEdit is available for Windows and Mac.
4. Notepad2– Notepad2 stands between MS Notepad and Notepad++. It has more features than notepad and simpler user interface than Notepad++. Notepad2 is a portable software for PC, you don’t need to install on your computer, simply unzip and run Notepad2.
5. Programmer’s Notepad– A free Multi-language Windows text editor for source code writing or editing.
6. Metapad– A very good alternative to MS Notepad. Metapad is available for free and has more features than Notepad.
7. ConTEXT– ConTEXT is a free and powerful text editor for Windows, it can be used for programming, code editing etc.
8. Crimson Editor– Crimson Editor is a solid and free text editing software for Microsoft Windows, it supports many languages and has many useful features that are very useful for programmers, such as- built-in FTP features, macros etc.
9. SciTE– SciTE is a very simple but full-featured text editor for Windows that can be used as a Notepad alternative.
10. PSPad– It is a free text/code editing software for Windows PC and useful for web devolapers. It also offers rich text formatting functions.