Social bookmarking websites allow users to bookmark their favorite web pages online on the web. You don’t need to pay for it. If you have a blog or website, you must use online social bookmarking services to gain popularity and quality backlinks. There are more than thousand social bookmarking websites on the web but some are very useful and highly popular. Here you can see the list of Top 10 Social Bookmarking Websites where users can submit their web pages. Ranking of these websites are based on Alexa traffic rank, user activities , average time on site, page views and monthly unique visitors.
1. Twitter – Twitter is one of the most popular social networking websites that can also be used as a social bookmarking service. Twitter was founded in March 2006 and now it has become one of the most visited top 10 websites in the world. Twitter can be used as a bookmarking website to get quality backlink and traffic.
2. Pinterest – One of the most popular websites photo sharing websites that also allows users to bookmark their favorite web pages with image. Basically it is an online pin board style social image bookmarking websites where users save and share their favorite images with links. It was launched in 2010.
3. Reddit – Reddit is a popular social bookmarking website and new publishing website where registered users submit news and favorite web pages as bookmarks. Reddit is mainly known as social news website. Reddit was launched in 2005.
4. Digg – Digg is the one of the most popular social bookmarking websites where users submit their favorite links. One of the most visited bookmarking websites on the web. Digg was launched in 2004.
5. Stumbleupon -Stumbleupon is a great place to bookmark your interested links. Stumbleupon is basically a web discovery search engine where users can find recommended content. Stumbleupon allows internet users to install their toolbar on popular internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox , Internet Explorer, Opera and Mozilla based browsers and after installing stumbleupon toolbar users can recommend and vote their favorite web pages. Stumbleupon was launched in 2001.
6. Delicious – One of the oldest social bookmarking websites where users store, share and save their favorite bookmarks. Delicious was formerly known as del.icio.us . Delicious was founded in 2003.
7. Fark – Fark is one of the most popular and visited social bookmarking websites. If you have a blog or website, you can submit your favorite links here to get traffic. Great website to drive more readers on your favorite web pages.
8. Diigo – Another great bookmarking service where you can save and share your interested links. Diigo was launched in July 2006. Diigo has great web clipping service Furl (File Uniform Resource Locators).
9. Slashdot – Slashdot is one of the oldest bookmarking websites on the web. Slashdot was launched in 1997. Slashdot is a technology based internet news website where users can also submit their bookmarks.
10. Newsvine – Newsvine is one of the most visited community website to publish news , blog articles and bookmarks. Users can also make money by publishing news, articles & bookmarks. Newsvine share 90% ad revenue to users.